￼Build Collaborative Work Environments That Reduce the Risk and Cost of Conflict.
Create win-win results and succeed today!
Some Questions to Consider about the Cost of Conflict in Your Workplace
- How much is spent on lawyers, litigation, and human resources time related to conflict?
- How much time is the average manager spending each week trying to prevent, manage or resolve conflicts? At what salary?
- What are the costs of stress-related illness and conflict-related turnovers?
- How much time is spent on rumors, gossip, lost productivity and reduced collaboration due to conflict?
- What is the impact of conflict on staff morale and motivation?
- How many conflicts recur because they are never fully resolved?
- What customers, creativity, and opportunities are lost due to conflict?
- Where might the organization be now had it not experienced these conflicts?
- What are the core values of the organization regarding conflict?
- What are the main messages sent by organizational culture regarding conflict?
- How are negative conflict behaviors rewarded?
- How do leadership and management typically respond to conflicts? How might they respond better?
- Have employees been trained in conflict resolution?
- What do people do when they have conflict? Where do they go for help?
- Is there an internal mediation process? Who can use it? How often is it used?
- How satisfied are employees with existing resolution processes?
- How skilled are managers in using these processes?
- What hinders the use of existing resolution processes?
- How can employees be motivated to use them?
- Are you interested in a collaborative solution to your conflict culture?
If you are interested in learning more, contact me today!
I look forward to working with you,
Sally R. Patchen.